The session of Heartland church is excited to identify Pentecost Sunday, May 23rd, for our return to in-person worship. The committees of the church are working hard to get ready for this long awaited and anticipated return to our embodied worship. We are still committed to providing a meaningful online worship experience for those not yet ready to return to in-person. In fact, we recently upgraded our internet at the church along with cameras and microphones so that Facebook Live will seem like you are there in the sanctuary.
While it will be joyful to be together again in person, it will still feel a little different because of our Covid 19 restrictions. Here is what you can expect:
- In order to love ourselves and our neighbors, everyone will wear masks
- Chairs will be social distanced into family pods
- Community Center will be available for spill over if needed
- Community Center will be a family-friendly worship space (nursery will be closed)
- Bulletins and pew pads will be reserved for use at a later time; offering baskets will be placed at the back of the sanctuary.
- “Passing the Peace” in place, where you are sitting
- Liturgist, musicians, and preacher will be at least 13 feet from congregation either from pulpit or behind table
- Hymns will be played and enjoyed by ear, singing will be reintroduced at a later date.