- Donate cotton quilt fabric, elastic, hair ties, or bias tape.
- Cut fabric for a Unity Point Olson mask.
- Cut fabric for a CDC mask (quick straight cuts with a rotary cutter or scissors).
- Sew masks to completion including adding the hair ties, elastic or bias tape ties.
- Sew masks up to the final step of adding hair ties, elastic or bias tape ties.
- Finish masks by adding the hair ties, elastic, or bias tape ties.
Masks for Healthcare Workers
Unity Point wants masks designed for healthcare workers. Please follow the pattern and instructions here:
Olson Pattern and Instructions
NOTE: THERE IS ONE EXCEPTION! We now need to finish the masks by putting hair ties, elastic or bias tape ties on the mask.
Masks for the Public (or Additional Protection for Healthcare Workers)
We are also making CDC masks for retirement facilities and other places. These CDC masks are designed for the public or for additional protection for healthcare workers use. Some healthcare workers put the CDC masks over N95 masks or medical masks which: 1) extends their use of the N95 masks and 2) allows laundering of the CDC cloth mask to help prevent spread of infection. Please follow the pattern and instructions here:
CDC Mask Information